WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our faith tradition is 2000 years old, our thinking is not.
- We encourage diversity of thought and freedom of expression.
- We see faith as a journey not a possession.
- We believe openness, acceptance, tolerance, and freedom to be gifts of the spirit.
- We believe God's love is unconditional and inclusive of all people.
- We are an open and affirming congregation.
- We seek to be a multicultural and multiracial congregation.
- We believe within the church all are equal and all are called to mission and ministry.
- We are bound together by a free and voluntary covenant relationship.
- We affirm our relationship with the universal church and with people of all faiths.
- We believe that God still has yet more light and truth to be made known to us.
- We believe that Jesus the Christ is the head of the Church.
- We take Jesus' teaching of love and justice to be our guiding principle.
- We believe that in life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us.